- Two people died and 9 were injured after a helicopter crashed against a crane of a building and fell on a street in London downtown. The accident occurred when there was low visibility.
- The two engine commercial helicopter, crashed against a crane which was mounted on top of a building that is close to be finshed, and blew up when it hit the street, creating a big fire ball that reached several vehicles.
- The accident occurred at around 08.00 GMT in the neighborhood of Vauxhall, on the shore of the Tamesis river close to a subway station and to the British intelligence agency MI6.
- The flames were extiguished within 20 minutes according to the firefighters who defined as "precarious" the status of the crane at the top of the building which has 50 floors and is 590 feet tall.
- The deceased are the helicopter's pilot and another person that was inside the building, according to police, who also confirmed there are 9 injured people.
- The helicopter was flying from Surrey County (outside of London) and his flight plan was changed due to the low visibility according to a memeber of the emergency rescue team.
- After the accident, the area was closed and there traffic problems in the area, but Vauxhall station has been reopened.
- British Prime Minister, David Cameron, was sadenned by the accident and gave his condolences to the families of the deceased according to a spokesman.
- A worker of the contruction company that was present at the time of the accident said to EFE that there was a lot of mist when the crash happened which caused an "spectacular smoke cloud" and that happened in just "seconds."
- The crane was at the top of the building called "St George Wharf Tower", which was about to be finished and that is considered one of the tallest residential towers in Europe. It is located in a normally busy area.
- 8 firefighter truck, 4 rescue vehicles and close to a 100 firefighters and rescuers arrived to location of the accident.
- It seems that the helicopter model was a "AgustaWestland AW109", a light chopperwith 2 engines and 8 seats.
- The police investigates the exact route the helicopter had to follow and and where it was moved because of the mist, and whether there were mistakes made in that process. (Source: EFE)
Two people died and 9 were injured after a helicopter crashed against a crane of a building and fell on a street in London downtown. The accident occurred when there was low visibility.