The high-profile trial ended in an abrupt recess early Saturday for an unspecified legal issue. Jurors did not hear any testimony.
The judge hearing the first-degree murder case of Casey Anthony in Orlando, Florida ruled on Monday that she is competent to continue standing trial.
Proceedings were delayed again on Monday. After Judge Belvin Perry and attorneys emerged from a private conference, the judge said the defense team had filed a motion seeking to have 25-year-old Casey evaluated to determine whether she is competent to proceed with the trial.
Perry said he appointed three experts to examine Casey over the weekend.
Based on their reports, Perry found Casey is competent to proceed.
Casey is accused of smothering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee on June 16, 2008 and hiding the body in the woods while claiming the little girl had been kidnapped by a nanny. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.